Dear friends working in IT/ITES companies,
NDLF IT Employees Wing was formed in January 2015 in the wake of mass retrenchments by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
In the past two and half years NDLF won significant legal victories for IT Employees. Approaching Chennai high court and relentlessly pursuing with the Tamil Nadu government, we made Tamil Nadu labour secretary acknowledge that all labour laws are applicable to IT sector, that IT employees are free to form Trade Union and that employees in IT sector have legal right to file grievances with labour department.
We have also taken up issues related to retrenchments, appraisal system, recruitment scam and working hours through mass campaigns and making use of legal provisions. We stood up for social issues affecting other sections of society too.
As IT majors resort to massive retrenchments through forced resignations, mass campaigns and legal battles of NDLF – IT Employees Wing provide the basis to fight this corporate onslaught.
When the news of these illegal forced resignations by Cognizant (CTS) broke out, we published series of articles on the harrowing experiences of employees at the hand of HR. We published articles by a senior Wipro employee who is affected by Wipro’s “Band Inertia” retrenchment plan.
These articles and other posts associated with the current illegal retrenchments have clocked more than 3.5 lakh views from more than 2 lakh visitors sofar. We also received emails, phone calls, form submissions and messages from hundreds of employees from Wipro, Cognizant, CapeGemini, Tech Mahindra, IBM and other companies. Media persons from BBC, Times of India, Business Standard, CNBC, Mint, Vikatan, thehindu tamil edition contacted us and spoke to the affected employees.
In continuation of these online and media campaigns we are taking a series of actions in the coming days.
- Representation to the Labour Secretary, Government of Tamil Nadu at 11 am on May 16, 2017 demanding intervention by the state.
- Press meet at 11 am on May 17, 2017 in Chennai Press Club to highlight the issues related to this massive retrenchments by IT/ITES companies.
- Demonstration near Sholinganallur signal, OMR, Chennai on May 18, 2017 from 5 pm to 7 pm
IT Employees working in Tamil Nadu
- Please join the representation team on May 16, 2017. Let us gather in strength to make the government act immediately.
- Those who are affected by forced resignations and retrenchments, please contact us for filing grievance petition with the labour department.
- Please come and participate in massive numbers in the demonstration on May 18, 2017 near Sholinganallur signal.
We came out in thousands for our farmers right to conduct Jallikattu 4 months back in January. Now it is time to come out for our own cause.
IT Employees from outside Tamil Nadu
- Please consider travelling to Chennai for the demonstration on May 18, 2017. Our solidarity and unity is the key to stopping the illegal practices by IT companies now and in future.
- Those who are affected by forced resignations and retrenchments, please submit your details at the online forms – Wipro Cognizant Others . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with more details.
We request everyone to contribute for the expenses related to the press meet, demonstration and mass campaign activities.
Please send your contributions to
Indian Overseas Bank,
R.K. Salai Branch,
Account Number: 029101000035047
Account Type: Savings
IFSC code: IOBA0000291
After paying your contribution please send an email to email@example.com as our union accounts are subject to audit and we need documentation for all fund receipts. Formal receipts will be sent to all donations.
Together we can build a better future for employees in IT/ITES sector and make our country stronger for working people.
NDLF – IT Employees Wing team