- TCS Retrenchment
- TCS Layoff – NLDF combats
- Mass layoffs spook job market in India in 2016 – Economic Times
- IT Employees made scapegoats for Manager’s Greed
- CTS : “You may have performed well, but we want you out”!
- Updates on unfair, illegal and deceptive layoffs by Cognizant (CTS)
- Cognizant (CTS), TCS, now Wipro – Should We Accept this as Normal?
- Press Release : Stop Cognizant (CTS) HR’s Illegal Activities
- Cognizant (CTS) President Rajeev Mehta says No Retrenchments – Really?
- Cognizant (CTS) Layoffs – NDLF Calls Upon Employees to File Grievance
- NDLF Mass Campaign and Legal Fight against Layoffs in Wipro, Cognizant (CTS)
- Statement : NDLF demands immediate government intervention in IT Layoffs Issue
- Press Release : NDLF to File Grievance Petition with Labour Department on Layoff Issue
- Wipro, Cognizant Layoffs – Next Steps in 7 Q&A
- Live : NDLF Demonstration Against Wipro, Cognizant (CTS) Layoffs!
- “No Layoffs, only Underperformers” NASSCOM, “Govt Should Intervene” NDLF : Debate
- Cognizant (CTS) To Reply by May end to NDLF Representation
- Infosys : Truth behind “No Layoffs” Policy – Employee Inputs
- Cognizant (CTS) Coimbatore Employees Show The Way
We received the following communication from Infosys employees. We suggest that the pronouncements by IT companies, NASSCOM and their body servant central government should be classified under “Corporate Speak” – giving general, moral statements disregarding all factual information and practical events.
Over to Infosys “Corporate Speak”.
A. “No Layoffs, but Employees Asked to Leave the Company”
According to a report, Infosys is expected to ask more than 1000 high-level managers (JL6, JL7 level) to leave the company with 1-day as notice period.
Without making any reference to the reported lay-offs, Infosys issued a statement saying said performance review of employees is a regular process and that sustained poor performance could lead to “separation”.
Open Questions to Infosys management:
1) Is it called Performance Exits? How many victims will be happy about 1 day notice period?
2) How many years or days or weeks will be counted for Sustained Poor performance?
3) Is Employee provided sufficient opportunity and time to get trained and deliver in new technologies?
4) After layoff, do you have resources ready with Latest technologies on boarded to deliver as per client expectation?
5) Will clients be happy about layoffs in service industry with less resource than more resources in every area?
6) Are clients cheated in name of service quality replacing 10+ senior resources with Freshers or 2 years experienced resource?
7) Are at least top 10 or Top 20 customers consulted before making Layoff decision in service based companies? Why CSAT survey used as advantageous one for performance based exits?
Infosys sought to pacify employees’ fears, amid reports of layoffs, and said there was no ‘planned layoff.’
However, the company said there could be performance-based exits as in the past. “I would like to put to rest any speculation around planned layoffs. As has been the case in the past, we will primarily see some performance-based exits,” Infosys Chief Operating Officer Pravin Rao said in an email sent to the company’s staff.
The adoption of new technologies, automation and reduction in growth in the banking and healthcare segments in the U.S. and geopolitical events are impacting the profitability of Indian IT companies. – Infosys Chief Operating Officer Pravin Rao
Questions to COO:
1) What do you mean by Performance based exits?
2) Can Unplanned Layoffs planned ?
3) Is it to convey that performance of person decreased suddenly in 2017 after Trump actions on US job Policy changes and H1b Changes?
4) Is it applicable for 2+ , 5+ or 15+ experienced resources?
5) Can alignment issues be addressed as performance Exits?
6) Are all the companies using cut and paste words like adoption of new technologies, automation like copycat software techniques and best practices from other companies?
7) When Infosys foundation spends crores for community development, Can’t they spend for employees training ?
C. Infosys and CSR – social responsibility does not begin at home
Infosys spent a total of Rs 239.54 Crores out of the mandated Rs 243 Crores in 2014-15. According to the Annual Report, the balance amount was spent in April 2015.
The names of beneficiary organization have been mentioned.
- 15% of contribution is to Akshaya Patra Foundation towards eradicating malnutrition and hunger.
- Next top 5 grantees also include Chennai Mathematical institute, Ramakrishna Mission, IISC Bengaluru, Infosys Science Foundation and Spark IT Training Program run by the Infosys Foundation.
- The website specifically mentions that the Spark IT Program does not guarantee an employment opportunity with Infosys after the training.
- Other allocations include donations to IIT Bombay under healthcare and medical facilities and to Banerghatta National park towards destitute care and rehabilitation
D. Employee emails
1. What is the truth?
“Managers are asked to force-fit 10% of their reporting managers into layoff count and asked to provide very negative feedback in ICount (Infosys performance appraisal system) and mark them as “Need Improvement/Can do Better”.
This is used as a ploy by HR to term such force-fit folks as nonperformers and force them to resign. When Manager disagree stating that the identified manager is a good performer, his Manager influences and overrides doing all the above in ICount for the identified manager.
2. How to humiliate a long serving employee – Infosys style
I am working with Infosys limited. I have 10+ years experience in IT, and working with Infosys for 5.5 years. I was consistently getting good rating, last year my manager got changed and new manager came. Some restructuring was done and team changes occurred.
1. removed all my Reportees
2. gave very bad rating
3. i was made reporting to junior.
Then came the appraisal process. I was not given enough work also and I was given need improvement and was put under PIP (performance improvement plan). This was total humiliation to me and i fear that my job will be lost any day.
D. By May 24, 2017, mail floated from HR end on Topic “Project Refusals”.
Continuous 3 project refusals due to location and shift constraint will be addressed as refusals and will attract termination if failed to report to different location as per Project requirements. Sounds like Hitler’s concentration camp victim’s segregation.
Is it time to create proofs for termination instead of planned layoffs?
IT employees have realized that it is a fundamental right of an Indian citizen (under Article 19) to form associations or unions and in places such as Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, many have resorted to joining unions in an effort to challenge HR practices of IT companies.
Why to wait until doomsday? Act NOW instead of repenting later after Layoff?
Who is there to question Management? Whistleblower or Union? Yes it’s Union which can question wrong moves of Management.
Please join NDLF to have a Trade union in Infosys to address rights of people as precautionary measure. Else prepare to go to courts after forced resignation cases like cognizant,TCS and Wipro victims.
NDLF IT Employees Wing || firstname.lastname@example.org || 9003198576
– written by a Socially Conscious Infosys Employee