Discussion at our union meeting on January 20, 2017
- 2K – 2 cases, 17 employees (1- TCS, 16- Wipro) at Labour commission
- 2A – 1 Case is filed at Court against Mphasis, 5 (1 –HCL, 4 –Wipro) cases at Labour commission
2. Discussed Topics
- Discussed the insights on Transport employee strike , bus fare hike and pain of public
- Issues at workplace, challenges and experiences are shared
3. Next Steps
- Agreed to publish the Union concern on “Absence of CCTV camera in TIDEL and TRIL roads” to newspaper requesting for immediate attention
- Decided to prepare a awareness video on Wipro response on Layoff at Labour commission on 2K and employee response
- Decided to publish Wipro letters in social media, which Wipro is sent to Labour commission on 2K petition
- Support (Social media campaign and Fund) towards NDLF and participation in Protest Against “THE CONTRACT LABOUR (REGULATION AND ABOLITION) ACT, 1970” amendment.
4. Key Articles
- NDLF member ensures safety of women employees
- IT Layoffs – A word to HR
- Verizon Terrorism : Are Employees Bonded Labour?
compiled by Saravanan