- TCS Retrenchment
- TCS Layoff – NLDF combats
- Mass layoffs spook job market in India in 2016 – Economic Times
- IT Employees made scapegoats for Manager’s Greed
- CTS : “You may have performed well, but we want you out”!
- Updates on unfair, illegal and deceptive layoffs by Cognizant (CTS)
- Cognizant (CTS), TCS, now Wipro – Should We Accept this as Normal?
- Press Release : Stop Cognizant (CTS) HR’s Illegal Activities
- Cognizant (CTS) President Rajeev Mehta says No Retrenchments – Really?
- Cognizant (CTS) Layoffs – NDLF Calls Upon Employees to File Grievance
- NDLF Mass Campaign and Legal Fight against Layoffs in Wipro, Cognizant (CTS)
- Statement : NDLF demands immediate government intervention in IT Layoffs Issue
- Press Release : NDLF to File Grievance Petition with Labour Department on Layoff Issue
- Wipro, Cognizant Layoffs – Next Steps in 7 Q&A
- Live : NDLF Demonstration Against Wipro, Cognizant (CTS) Layoffs!
- “No Layoffs, only Underperformers” NASSCOM, “Govt Should Intervene” NDLF : Debate
- Cognizant (CTS) To Reply by May end to NDLF Representation
- Infosys : Truth behind “No Layoffs” Policy – Employee Inputs
- Cognizant (CTS) Coimbatore Employees Show The Way
2017 is proving to be a nightmare year for employees in IT/ITES sector.
- Cognizant (CTS) deliberately pushes 7.5% of its workforce into 4th bucket and forces them to resign;
- Wipro throws out its senior most employees with years of service under the so called “Band Intertia” policy;
- Tech Mahnidra announces thousands of job cuts;
- IBM terminates services of contract employees;
- Capegemini sends out thousands of employees;
the attack on employees is brutal and relentless.
To combat these attacks and in solidarity with employees affected by these illegal retrenchments New Democratic Labour Front – IT Employees Wing will hold a demonstration in Chennai OMR, near Sholinganallur signal on May 18th, 2017 from 5 pm to 7 pm.
Generally, IT employees are looked upon as a privileged section of the society with relatively high salary, comfortable work in air-conditioned offices and better lifestyle. On the otherside, they are continuously oppressed by several problems like heavy work load spanning day and night, lack of job security, mental pressure and unhealthy competition due to the unscientific, non-transparent appraisal system and so on.
To top all these, after years of slogging through all these pressures, their working career itself is cut short by the corporates. Central and state governments vie with each other to shower subsidized land, low cost uninterrupted electricity supply and tax holidays to the corporates. It is claimed that corporates will create employment opportunities for our youth. But, these companies sacrifice the working life of their employees to satisfy the thirst of global financial elites for ever higher rates of profits. This illegal, unfair and inhuman act by these corporates pushes the lives of employees into grave crisis leading to psychological issues, marital problems and in some cases even to suicide.
Also, the hopes of several lakh educated youth, who spent lakhs of rupees on private education for a career in IT sector have been dashed by this mad profit hunt by the corporates.
- Workers from other industries belonging to NDLF express their solidarity with the struggle of their IT sector counter parts. Industrial workers from NDLF will join IT/ITES employees in conducting mass campaign against these illegal retrenchments.
- NDLF is taking up this struggle on legal front also by organizing affected employees to file grievance petitions with the labour commissioner. Facts and figures about the illegal activities of IT companies will be taken to the media.
- In addition to employees from Chennai and Coimbatore of Tamil Nadu, affected employees in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune/Mumbai and Kolkata are also organized for legal and mass campaigns.
Privatization, Liberalizaion, Globalization policies pursued by successive governments for the past 25 years opened up people of our country and its natural resources to the unchecked exploitation by multinational corporates. It is high time IT Employees organize as union and join the struggles all over our country waged by working masses against these policies.
Wipro, Cognizant, Tech Mahnidra, Cape Gemini and other IT Corporates
- Stop the illegal retrenchments immediately
- Take back all employees forced to resign
- Cancel the unscientific appraisal rating system.
Employees of IT/ITES sector
- Protest against the illegal, unfair and unprofessional retrenchments!
- Organize as trade union and get rid of the appraisal rating system and create a democratic work place.
Working masses of our beloved country!
- Stand in solidarity with the struggle of IT employees against recolonization attack!
- Organize for our country’s next freedom struggle!
New Democratic Labour Front – IT Employees Wing
Phone : 90031 98576
Email : email@example.com