Cognizant Employees ( including the retrenched, bench and others employees) are facing major difficulties to secure a job in new organisation because of Raj Mehta’s DEADWOOD comment ( Continuation of our Article on 21st August)
On 21st august we published a brutal story of how Cognizant is retrenching mid and senior level employees. We also exposed the big bang statement by Mr. Mehta ( statement made by Mr. Mehta – ” We want to weed out deadwood higher up in the pyramid so that juniors can grow”. ) about this so called involuntary separation.
Almost 45 days are past and we are hearing more horrible stories from SM+ to SD level employees about this forced separation and inhuman treatment meted out to the bench employees (CTS calls it resource pool).
Many such retrenched employees contacted us and one common factor came out is as follows: Whenever they are trying to explore a role in a new organisation , the new organisation clearly states that ” while we know you are technically fit for our role but we don’t want to deploy CTS resources at least now because of the DEADWOOD statement made by your COO which has chance of impacting the morale of our current employees. The current employees may think we are recruiting the incompetent employees from CTS.”
Now, this is nothing but a disaster to the career of an employee who has to feed his family, pay kid’s school fees, take care of medical needs and pay EMIs of home loans etc from selling his professional skills to an employer.
We don’t support any retrenchment which is illegal in India (without prior government permission). But we know that more or less every IT organisation is doing it. We are continuously protesting and publishing articles against this practice.
But CTS creates a history where their COO loudly announced in papers that they are going to weed out employees.
- On what evaluation basis you tagged employees as Deadwood’s?
- As per our information the real senior leaders (CXOs, Presidents, EVPs, SVPs &VPs), who are mostly Delivery or Marketing head of different verticals, horizontals and leaders of overall CTS, are not asked to leave at all . These are the people who provide direction and guidance to the organisation. And if today CTS is not doing well they should take the responsibility. Only SM+ to SD+ and few AVPs are victims of this retrenchment, who are also politically not aligned to some powerful Godfather in CTS.
- Which level of juniors are promoted to the leading position in Cognizant?
- If the separation is involuntary, why your HR is forcing employees to sign a Mutual Separation documents. We have received some photo copies of the whole agreement from retrenched employees (disclaimer : NDLF has not verified the information independently with CTS) and a para of the same is published below.
As it becomes obvious that the terms Involuntary and Mutual separation don’t go together WHAT IS THE REAL TRUTH? What are things CTS is hiding?
Now let us look at about the large pool of bench employees of the Cognizant.
- Against most of them there is a remark of “NO Demand”.
- They are by default getting rating as MS and MA, which makes them vulnerable as poor performers tag.
- They will not get any annual increment.
- They will not get the variable part of their salary ( Surprisingly CTS calls it Bonus).
- They are continuously pressured by HR/Talent group for resignation till they submit their resignation.
And this is a continuous process in CTS ( can we forget 2016-17 layoffs) and we are hearing another BIG lay off in the name of “Poor Performers” ( the ratings till SA is published and M+ will come out this October) we will publish details as we are collecting data from employees.
Our NDLF IT Employees Wing is in regular touch with some of the employees who are already affected and are in bench. We want the remaining employees (who are still not in touch) to reach out to us for any help possible. For the employees in the bench or MA/MS ratings, please do not succumb to the pressure of forced resignation, it is completely illegal in India and we can provide you the knowledge and support to fight the same.
We demand that Mr. Raj Mehta should publicly retract his “Dead Wood” comment providing a comprehensive explanation on how it is wrong and Cognizant should drop this illegal and unfair retrenchment plan.
– Senior Cognizant Employee
NDLF IT Employees Wing president Mr. Shyam has published a book “IT life – FUN or Problems” Please read this book ( you can buy or read online), please go through the same and you will have more information about the rights of employees.