- Tech Mahindra Layoffs : the latest Gambit by HR and How it Fails
- Tech Mahindra Layoff Plan : Senior Employee Prepares to Fight!
- Press Release : Stop Tech Mahindra’s Illegal Layoff of 1,500 employees
- Tech Mahindra Mass Layoffs – Anand Mahindra, Where are your Values?
- Guidelines to Affected Tech Mahindra Employees
- NDLF Resolves to Legally fight Mass Layoffs by Tech Mahindra
- Tech Mahindra Layoff Plan: Senior Employee continues to fight
- Buddha Bruno : Profile of a Targeted Tech Mahindra Employee
- Forced Resignations : Tech Mahindra Continues to Deceive
The Senior Tech Mahindra Employee who shared what is happening inside Tech Mahindra sent us another write up.
Please share this article widely. As Tech Mahindra continues to target employees and use underhand practices, widespread awareness will help us to fight this. Affected employees and potential target employees should be reached and organized.
My last article about Tech Mahindra layoff issue went viral on social media. I thank all fellow IT employees who shared the article and helped to create awareness about how to handle layoff. As per new-democrats.com web statistics, this article reached 1.5 lakh people so far and got media attention.
This layoff issue is covered in various media and most important 2 articles which reached more audience were published in money control Labour union accuses Tech Mahindra of layoffs, unfair termination and Hindu Businessline Most TechM exits ‘above project manager level’
Both the reporters talked to multiple employees of Tech Mahindra and published the articles after hearing their concerns.
Journalists from both the companies approached Tech Mahindra about the company’s views on this issue. The standard answer given by the company spokesperson is as below:
A spokesperson for Tech Mahindra said the company has added 1,700 associates in the ongoing quarter. “Our endeavour is to build a digital workforce of the future. We will continue to focus on re-skilling and right skilling our employees to keep pace with the changing technologies and dynamic market needs. As a policy-driven company, we adhere to global standards and processes pertaining to our human resource,” the spokesperson said.
The following are the concerns from employee side to the above statement which are not addressed in the above answer:
We agree Tech Mahindra added 1700 employees. But if Tech Mahindra reads Hindu business line article completely, affected employees are in Project Manager Category with senior experience band. The main complaint from our side is Tech Mahindra is removing senior employees with high salary structure with junior employees having lower structure. But they hide this layoff issue and hide behind contrasting and irrelevant answers
- We agree digital workforce is a paradigm shift happening in IT industry. Were these employees given any training on digital workspace? Did these employees refuse to adapt to digital technology?
- If the news about layoffs are speculation, then what about these employees whom Hindu business line and Money control reporters spoke to? Is Tech Mahindra saying Hindu business Line and Moneycontrol published their articles without any basis.
- We formed a whatsapp group for the affected employees and currently there are 40+ employees added in this group who are affected by layoffs. If we publish these employee names with Tech Mahindra employee ID and email reference, will Tech Mahindra still say this is speculative? Is Tech Mahindra ready for this open challenge on this issue.
- You claim of following global standards and processes. Is this illegal and unfair lay off process part of your ‘global standards’?
Tech Mahindra did not stop the exit process till now and they made this process even more vigorous. I want to share the latest layoff gambit by Tech Mahindra HR which we are witnessing among our group of employees.
After last year HR Audio leak during layoff process, Tech Mahindra is extra cautious in preventing employees recording the HR conversations. The very first act from all HR personnel during these HR interviews is to ensure that employees mobiles are switched off and checking mobile phones of employees.
This act from Tech Mahindra throws up the following questions:
- Tech Mahindra is not stopping illegal activities but taking cautious measure to prevent this illegal act published to outside world.
- Why employees are prevented from recording this conversation? Nowadays many IT companies have excellent recording mechanism and IT companies are recording project meetings, transition sessions etc using these facilities (ex Skype)? So recording conversation is not illegal act and restricting recording shows you are doing illegal act.
The common pattern which we see among our group of 40 employees is 90% of these employees are from Pune location. Pune is the city where not many labour unions are present and there is not many historical IT cases. This gives the feeling company has choose this city as they feel Maharashtra is the easy target for layoffs. What government of Maharashtra going to do to protect the employment rights of affected employees in Pune?
- Last year Hyderabad high court sent notice to Tech Mahindra on similar layoff issue.
- Chennai has strong union presence as NDLF, FITE are very active and even judgement on Ramesha case is given by Chennai high court.
The number of affected employees from these locations is relatively less. This again shows that Tech Mahindra is trying to evade the law wherever it can get away with it and playing it safe where law enforcement is vigorous.
Tech Mahindra HR is using very interesting technique to pressurize the employees and make them submit resignation. The imagination of Tech Mahindra team in thinking different ways to make employee submit self-resignation is really awesome. But I feel very bad that Tech Mahindra is using this imagination to layoff people instead of bringing new businesses. I will write in detail of this new layoff gambit in my next article with more case studies.
But HR officers should think in employees’ shoes and really think whether what the company doing is correct. Are we shedding all our social values to do these illegal layoffs in an unprofessional way? Do you cherish this mentality?
Even if I lose my job, I will sleep peacefully but are you able sleep in night after following this cowardly, illegal practices to send our own employees to layoff slaughter house. Think about it!!!
– Senior Tech Mahindra Employee