Place : Chennai
Date : August 24, 2017
Tripartite meeting of Tamil Nadu Labour Department, Software Company Managements and Labour Union on the issue of Retrenchment of employees by Software Companies
Greetings from New Democratic Labour Front – IT Employees Wing.
The Tamil Nadu Labour Department has announced that “a meeting will be held before Joint Commissioner of Labour, Chennai in the 6th floor of Labour Welfare Board Building, D.M.S Compound, Chennai – 6 on 28-08-2017 at 11 am” to discuss the above issue.
Managements of Cognizant, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, IBM are invited by the JCL to discuss newspaper reports “that the managements of TCS, Wipro, IBM and Infosys Ltd have planned to reduce number of employees in their establishment in Taminadu”. IT companies association NASSCOM is also invited.
Forum For IT Employees and New Democratic Labour Front – IT Employees Wing are invited to the meeting to represent IT Employees.
Ever since the news of mass layoffs by CTS and Wipro broke in business dailies, NDLF – IT Employees Wing has been conducting a vigorous campaign against the illegal mass retrenchments.
- On May 16, 2017 we gave a representation to the Labour Commissioner and the Secretary, Labour and Employment, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- On May 17, 2017 we conducted a press conference to apprise media persons about illegal and mass retrenchment of employees in IT sector.
- On May 18, we held a demonstration in Sholinganallur in solidarity with IT employees.
- We provide guidance to many employees from Wipro, Cognizant, HCL, Mphasis etc, illegally retrenched through forced resignations to file petitions in various labour offices in Chennai and Coimbatore.
- We filed a grievance petition under section 2K of Industrial Disputes Act against Wipro management and submitted names, employee IDs and details of more than 68 Wipro employees (including 25 from Tamil Nadu to labour department.
- We publish articles and posts about this issue through our website (new-democrats.com), facebook page (NDLFITEmployeesWing) and other social media platforms.
- We also co-ordinate with groups of IT Employees in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and Kolkata to take up joint fight on the concerns of IT employees.
We call upon all IT Employees to send their complaints regarding job security by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will present the complaints at the meeting with JCL and IT company managements on behalf of employees.
We request all media organizations to give wide publicity to this news.
for NDLF IT Employees Wing
About NDLF IT Employees Wing
NDLF is a registered trade union and for the past 20 years we are organizing workers in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. The IT Employees Wing of NDLF was formed on January 10, 2015.
We are also organizing IT Employees in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata and other cities to register as unions in the respective states.
As part of our activities, we help employees in
- Fighting against unfair terminations and file grievance petition under section 2A of Industrial Disputes Act.
- Seek collective bargaining rights for employees on employment related issues.
- File petition under section 2K of Industrial Disputes Act for collective bargaining disputes with companies.