- Why Tamil Nadu opposes NEET?
- Should we accept imposition on our rights?
- The curious case of NEET in Supreme Court
- The legal argument against NEET and Supreme Court’s Highhandedness
- Why NEET or what ails medical education?
- Is NEET Merit?
- NEET : Corporate and Brahminical Interests Merge
- NEET for Higher Judiciary?
- Private Grabbing of People’s Assets
- Highs Score in NEET != Quality
- Doctors for the public and Corporate Doctors
- NEET is a Tool of Oppression
- NEET : Stand Up Against Oppression!
This is the 8th part of “Why Tamil Nadu Opposes NEET” a series of posts on Anitha’s suicide and NEET. It is based on a speech by Mr. Marudhaiyan of People’s Arts and Literature Association (PALA), published in Vinavu.com. The text of the speech has been translated into English by Nesan. Those who know Tamil can view the videos of speech here.
We publish this in 12 parts with suitable explanatory comments for the benefit those from outside Tamil Nadu.
Please read and share your views. Please also spread this message to your friends circles widely.
Judges who are so concerned about the quality. What is their competence? Don’t we, the citizens of India, have the right to know about their quality? About these judges of high court and Supreme Court? It is they who decide everything for India, joys and sorrows. Be it invasive weeds, or helmet issue, NEET, Vande mataram, Jana Gana Mana in cinemas, etc, they intervene in everything.
How are judges selected? There is a test for lower court judges. At least we have an examination for lower courts. How do they select the high court judges? It is done by collegiums, a group of judges. A collegium of high and Supreme Court judges select them. Supreme Court judges? They too are selected similar way.
Where do we check their quality? Where do we fix?
Justice Khehar retired as Chief Justice of India. An article on him was written by a senior lawyer named Rajiv Dhavan. It says that “this retired Chief Justice knows no law. All he knows is service law. But no criminal law or civil law. It is not me who writes it. He himself has spoken about it in a meeting”. This is the gist of that essay written on a Chief Justice by a senior lawyer.
Now on what grounds they are parroting about quality. How do we assess their quality?
If NEET is for Anitha, mustn’t there be a “grand” NEET for these Supreme Court judges? Where is such test for them? There is no scale whatsoever, no check on their conduct or lifestyle.
- What is the competence of Kumarasamy [Karnataka High Court judge who acquited Jayalalithaa in the corruption case]?
- Katju openly wrote alleging Dattu about buying property in violation of law. What happened to it?
- Prashant bhusan filed a case of corruption on many judges. What happened to it?
- Arunachal Pradesh’s former CM Kalikho Pul has written in his suicide note that justice Khehar’s son had asked bribe from him. What happened to it?
Are all these people deciding the quality of Anitha? Are all these talking about the quality of Tamil Nadu’s medical colleges?
- There is a gigantic scandal named Vyapam. You can come across such scandal nowhere in this whole world. It took place in Madhya Pradesh. Those involved in are murdered in sequence and the case is going like a detective novel. Is BJP government, the perpetrator and burier of such murders, talking about quality?
- They formed Lodha committee to oversee the Medical Council. Lodha was a Supreme Court judge. What did he do? He gave licence to 26 colleges which were rejected by Medical Council for lack of proper infrastructure, faculty, etc. Two colleges among them, one from UP and another from MP, gave press statements agreeing that their application were rejected because of the lack of proper infrastructure. It is this judge who went to check and guarantee the quality of these colleges gave them licence.
- Similarly, in Tamil Nadu, one private college used actors to play doctor and patients during the inspection. On getting caught, their license was cancelled. They went to Chennai high court. What does the judge say? “Our country needs many doctors and if we block these colleges what can we do”. They themselves agree they have used actors. But the high court renews their licence as we need more doctors.
It is these people who speak about the quality of students. NEET does not bring quality. They claimed NEET to put an end to robbery in the name of fees. It has legalized the robbery.
[Continued 8. Private Education Mafia]